Saturday, May 17, 2008

An update.

Spent most of today hanging around with Mingyang. I miss days like that, just walking around, doing stupid things, cracking lame jokes and just hanging out with a dude you practically grew up with. It's great.

Trawled through town looking for camera prices, deals, and alternative methods of payment. Found a few packages that interest me, and it pretty much boils down to whether I want a flash, or a bag and tripod to go with my camera. Decisions, decisions.

(I've decided to go with the flash. Tripods are cheaper, and I already have a bag in mind)

It's still a lot of money. I've talked to the folks about it; they've agreed to pay first, and I can pay them back in installments. I hope to get the camera paid off in under six months (at say, $50 a week?).

Hit Little Creatures and downed a couple of pints while talking about life, friends, Singapore, and where we've come in the past four years. I'm always amazed at how much he sees to the heart of things. His simple solutions and explanations are often the best.

I'll always appreciate that Mingyang's been there with me through my entire academic life. I'm really going to miss him once he goes back at the end of this semester. Unless he gets his bridging visa and stays and works here, that is.

I guess he's always been a constant in my life since Primary One. That's nineteen years that I've known him. God! It feels like forever hey? From drinking ribena in school canteens to beers in Little Creatures. That's quite something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that bro. Let's grab a pint when you are back in Singapore :)

-Sim MEH MEH