Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Job/Money/Sian!

For what it's worth, getting the paperwork ready for a job is as much of a pain as is getting a job proper. I've spent around $120 getting all the requisite clearances and identity checks and what have you in order to start my new job. Apparently it's claimable on tax. Well, at least I hope so.

Tax this year is going to be a headache, I've had 4 seperate jobs this financial year!

And I really need to sort out superannuation stuff.

I'm still pondering when I should tell my current boss that I've got a new job. It's a little more complicated when you're working for a family friend. I'll give him a month's notice, I guess. (Meaning I'll tell him in a fortnight)

Personal recommendation: do not work for family friends if you can at all avoid it. I've tried asking for more work hours (denied), but am expected to stay back and finish work should my workload not get done. It's not fun when you're paid by the hour, but don't get paid for anything beyond the "official" work hours.

No comments: