Thursday, May 15, 2008

Camera dreaming.

I'm going to get a DSLR. I've one wanted for ages, but have never had the financial capability (or rich or generous parents) to pull off. In the spirit of not waiting for bloody forever to wait for things to happen, I'm going to get a camera on installment.

I'm looking to get Nikon D60 (see picture). Firstly, I do have an old Nikon 401X, and my lens is shot. So the new lenses can be used with the old camera, should I want to shoot film.

Secondly, I like the 'feel' of the Nikon versus other options on the market (I've fooled around with the Nikon D40, Canon 350D and a Pentax whose model I can't remember). I'd get a Canon, but it just feels too light and 'plasticy'.

Thirdly, I can't find a place that sells the Canon 450D at a lower price ($1.5k on average) than the Nikon D60 ($1.4k on average) for a twin lens kit. I might be wrong though! If you've seen it going for cheaper, please let me know!

So pretty much I'm going to buzz around town on Saturday and see what options I might have available (I'll visit the huge departmental stores too, just in case), and see how we go from there.

3 comments:

Robin Wong said...

hey chris !!!
Whoah DSLR, D60 some more. I am sure you will have no regrets buying it. It has gotten heaps of positive feedbacks from both professionals and regular users.

I am currently using Olympus E-410 (im calling it ollie) and do check out my blog and lemme know what you think of the pics I took !!
Still noob in these things though ahahahahaha...

slackalmighty said...

Haha. Thanks Robin! I've checked out the pictures on your blog. They're damn nice lah! I especially like the pictures where the soft lighting really makes the details come out. I'm jealous!

How much did u pay for Ollie btw?

Robin Wong said...

whoah.... nice nick/blog name - slackalmighty LOL....

Thanks dude, i still have heaps to improve on. But yeah, love playing with soft lighting !!! Hate the harsh harsh sun.

I got my ollie for 2k Ringgit, but i think u could strike a better deal down under.

Nevertheless, stick to your nikon. D60 is more superior than what I currently have LOL