Monday, June 23, 2008

Absofuckinglutely good pizza

Found a little Italian cafe place in Subi today that serves the most amazing pizza ever!

Delizioso Café is on the corner of Rokeby and Churchill (diagonally across the street from Jackson's art supplies). It's a small place, and I was really impressed with the customer service. The guy at the counter forgot my coffee, and gave me a free one. Char was ready to pay for it, but the guy said never mind. That's just great service in my book.

The pizza is excellent. Delizioso's won an award for best pizza in the world (2007) with their mushroom trio pizza, and I can taste why! We shared a mushroom trio (wild shrooms, white buttons, ricotta, oregano) and a ham & mushroom. The mushroom trio was simply the best mushroom pizza I have ever had, hands down. The crust is light, slightly chewy and very flavoursome, and the gourmet toppings are top notch.

At $5.30 for a slice (about six inches by four inches), I think it's good value for money. Seriously, if you're in that neck of the woods, you have to give Delizioso Café a shot.

I'll take photos next time I'm there. Food this good must be shared! :p

1 comment:

Robin Wong said...

Man, I have never even tried that place though I live like ridiculously near to subiaco LOL...
hope the pizza place is still there when I return to Perth God knows when.