Thursday, June 19, 2008

Around this town



As promised, pictures of people! This pair was so engrossed that they didn't even realise I was there. I feel like a voyeur of sorts. A part of me wonders about the legality of shooting random people without them knowing. I should really look that up. Apparently it's illegal to photograph children!

This was taken randomly while waiting for Adrian to complete his circuit of EB Games. Speaking of games, I'm damn tempted to get a PS3. Need to save money though!



Tried to track these cops, but as you can see, it's a little blur. Should have upped the shutter speed, but it was a spur of the moment track and snap, so I didn't have much time to fiddle.

Idle thought: I wonder if 'must look good in tights and sunglasses' is a job requirement for these fellows!



More people and coffee. Apparently we produce around 6.7 million tonnes of coffee per annum. That's pretty crazy eh? I don't think I can live without coffee. I practically spent half my time in school slacking in a corner with a coffee in hand. There was this guy with a beanie (Kershia knows his name) in Little Walters who would make me a triple shot flat white every morning. He actually would have it ready by the time I rocked up to the little window. How's that for customer service?



And just in case you thought all I did was snap people... More scenery/buildings/random objects!

I like this picture. For me it's really that sort of stretching into infinity coupled with the guy with the backpack who almost looks like he's following the bird. It's a pretty good analogy for my faith.

Problem is that the bird's rather small, and there's all these pretty shops along the way. I've found that I have a bad habit of sometimes losing sight of the bird.



And finally this clocktower. The architecture of the place somehow reminds me of back home, even though I don't think any place in Singapore looks like this! Maybe the fire station behind Funan Centre? What's it called again?

There's this sort of colonial air to buildings like these. It's a nice feeling. Like something familiar. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy for no apparent reason.

No comments: