Monday, June 23, 2008

More night shots.



Took Amelia's advice and took some shots around twilight. Stupid me forgot to bring the tripod though, so this set of images is rather blurry.

She's absolutely right, the colours are just so beautiful at this time of the day. I missed the early part of the sunset, so no glorious pictures of red and purple skies, but this isn't too bad, eh? I must go shoot sunsets proper soon.



I can only really hold the camera still for about a second. Pretty bad, I know. My tactic now is to brace myself a bit, hold half a breath, and take a 3-4 shot continuous burst. Kind of like how we learned to shoot our M-16s in the army. So far it's worked out pretty good. I get one good image out of the burst of three.

On a complete side note, I really should take up Calvin's suggestion of shooting things while our respective other halves go shopping.

Speaking of other halves, I'm slightly jealous of Char's point and shoot because it does a lot of auto correction and colour balancing, so she can grab really gloriously coloured evening shots while I fiddle around with trial and error. Oh well. Cest la vie! (I find I say this a lot. :P)



And this last picture really reminded me of Miami Vice. Palm trees, big moon... all we need are cops with big hair and a moustache!

No comments: