Saturday, July 19, 2008

Eventide Lauch Party

Played at the Eventide Launch Party with Joe today, did okay for myself. Came in 5th, although I know I could have done better, given more time! (I drew my fourth round, although I would have won it if we didn't run out of time). Lost my last game to the fellow who came in first, so I'm not complaining!

Ran a mono-white deck with lots of hybrids, which ironically is the complete colour opposite of my Shadowmoor pre-release deck. Joe calls it a very timid deck. Admittedly, it is quite brainless. Love the little combat tricks I can do with it though!

_______________________________________________

The Deck

White
1 x Last Breath
1 x Kithkin Zealot
1 x Safehold Sentry
1 x Ballnock Trapper
1 x Loyal Gryfalcon
1 x Kithkin Rabble
1 x Recumbent Bliss
1 x Prison Term
1 x Archon of Justice
1 x Ballynock Cohort

Hybrids
1 x Oracle of Nectars
1 x Oversoul of Dusk
1 x Safehold Duo
1 x Kitchen Finks
1 x Barkshell Blessing
1 x Zealous Guardian
1 x Thistledown Duo
2 x Fire at Will
1 x Duergar Assailant
1 x Double Cleave
1 x Voracious Hatchling
1 x Beckon Apparition

18 x Plains
_______________________________________________

My favourite play of the tournament has to be my third round. My opponent played a Doomgape, I went 'oh holy crap!', then I topdecked and cast Recumbent Bliss on his Doomgape. With the massive maw of doom unable to attack or block, it cleared his board over the next couple of turns, leaving me free to attack with my happy weenie army. I didn't even draw or cast my big guns.

No comments: