Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fish, chips, and giant robots.

Went to Freo with Adrian on Friday for dinner, and ate the ubiquitous fish and chips. Must say, this is the first time I've actually tried to snap food proper (I blame Robin), and it's really rather difficult with low lighting. Oh well.

This was my dinner. Fish and squid. Yes I know my health isn't great, but I didn't eat the batter. Or finish my fries. See? Moderation is good for you!



And this of course, is Adrian's dinner. Approximately twice the size of mine. No wonder he now weighs more than I do. Scary thought, eh?

The seafood chowder they're got isn't too bad, but it's a little salty. And personal opinion, I like the normal fish they use for fish and chips much more than Adrian's snapper. It's less chewy, I guess. And you know what? I think I prefer Kailis to Cicerellos. The fish and chips are less oily and the portions are actually normal human sized.



And on a completely seperate side note, Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann is the most exaggerated anime I have ever seen. When giant galaxy sized robots start throwing galaxies at each other, the brain simply stops working.

It is good for one hell of a laugh though. Check out the subtitles for all the moves. I kid you not.

Giga Drill Breaker!!!!

2 comments:

Robin Wong said...

LOL now i blame you for making me miss fish and chips from Perth.
Yeah.. its not easy taking food pics especially under those extrene low light conditions.
Solution? take as many shots as possible. 1 out of many would definitely turn out sharp. and delete the rest later at no costs LOL..

slackalmighty said...

when u get back here, we must go for fish and chips.

and that's my plan lah. shoot a lot. cross fingers, one will be sharp. haha. really trial and error now lah.