Monday, July 28, 2008

Sienning.

Damnit, it's four in the morning and I still can't sleep. I hate days like these. Come to think of it, I hate those Sunday nights when it's hard to completely relax because you've got work the next day. I enjoy the work, but I don't like the fact that I have less time to do random things.

Then again, do I really want to have all that extra free time? Not like I was doing anything important or significant when I had the time.

Since starting the job, I feel like I've spent more time on the phone with Char than I did when I was working part-time. I don't think I've given her any space recently, and I'm kicking myself for that. You could say that I'm still adapting to the job and new time commitments, but that's a poor excuse. I should know better.

I don't like making mistakes, but I seem to make big ones. Worse is that some mistakes can be avoided if I think before I act. I have a bad habit of going with my heart. Thinking can be tiring when you have to analyse and deconstruct a situation, consider past information, plot probable outcomes and impact on persons, be aware of the environment, and come to a decision within a second or two.

But if some people can do it, I don't see why I can't. I'll just have to try harder.

I've given up on trying to sleep tonight; brain doesn't want to rest. It's good to have a good think about the important things in life and where you might be lacking or where you might have gone wrong; but it's stupid to do it at this time of the night. Unfortunately, I can't rest despite my best efforts to just zone out and not think.

On a side note, my computer is mucking up and had some problems restarting earlier. It's barely a month old too. Trust a PC, eh?

No comments: