Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sprains and pocket pains.

I just slipped and sprained my back. It hurts to do anything other than sit upright or lie down. Moving quickly with dress socks on laminated wood floors? Big no no.

Looking at Perth-Singapore flights at the moment. They're horribly expensive even with budget airlines ($800-ish return? Ouch!). I can't afford to fly given my current financial situation. I don't plan on coming back this year at all. Mainly because of cost and lost pay, but also because my return ticket is on Qantas and their recent 4 mid-air plane malfuctions worry me.

I miss you guys back home and I'm really sorry that we'll be seeing even less of each other now. Thank God for small blessings like MSN.

I'm looking to move out of home soon. Ideally around March next year when I've got a little more cash and know where I'm going with masters. I've been looking for a small house/flat/room to rent, so any help will be appreciated. If you know a place, or want to share a house/flat circa March 2009, please let me know.

Anyway, the back really hurts, so I'm going to lie down. What a great way to spend a Saturday night, eh?

EDIT:
Given the cost and the fact that I do have to see my grandma in Singapore, best money-wise solution is to fly back to Singapore on my Qantas ticket. Spend a week maximum in Singapore., then get one-way back to Perth ($300-ish on Tiger) and that'll be the end of that. Win-win.

No comments: