Friday, August 15, 2008

Not very original, but effective!

Slapped this deck together on Tuesday before heading over to Sean's place for "PTQ testing". Not that I'm heading to the qualifiers, mind you! I've got slightly better things to do with my time. Red Demigod decks seem to be all the rage now. I didn't start out trying to build a Demigod deck, but it just ended up that way.

So anyway, my take on what's probably the most aggressive deck in the current format.

22 x Snow-covered Mountain

4 x Demigod of Revenge
4 x Blood Knight
4 x Ashenmoor Gouger
4 x Mogg Fanatic
4 x Magus of the Scroll
3 x Su'Ata Lancer (Going to swop these out for Boggart Ram-Gang)

4 x Incinerate
4 x Flame Javelin
4 x Skred
3 x Brute Force

Surprisingly, I didn't even need or miss Figure of Destiny, which is in every other deck these days. Beat two other Demigod variants and a JusticeToast. Sean's modified Oversouled Oversoul deck gave me massive trouble, but I managed to outrace him. Craig's White/Red Liege deck pounded me into the ground though. The deck's even faster than mine! On a side note, Spitemare is a really cool card. I really want to build a deck around it.

Still waiting for my Eventide boxes to arrive. The wait's killing me!

No comments: