Sunday, March 22, 2009

Coming Home: Singapore 10 - 16 Jan 2009

First off the bat, a big sorry to everyone who's come by here in the last couple months. Work's been really busy recently, and I've really been procrastinating with my blog updates.

Hell, I've been procrastinating so much that I only just downloaded my Singapore trip pictures off the camera a week ago! That's mighty scary eh? In my defence, I've been rather preoccupied with the PS3 I got myself over Chinese New Year. That counts for something, right?

Anyway, without any further ado, here's a little journey through the sunny land I still call home! (Now with running commentary! I've embraced my inner tour guide! Cringe in terror!)

Welcome to Singapore...

A land of green opportunity...

skyline
Singapore sky line, shot from the Esplanade

Where the characters are colourful...

colourful buskers
Street busker, Chinatown

The food is good...

portabello sandwich
Portabello sandwich, Brewerkz micro brewery, Clarke Quay (around 18 different boutique beers!)

wontons i think
Shanghainese Wontons in Chilli, Ding Tai Fung, Raffles Place


ytf!
Yong Tau Fu Bee Hoon, Lucky Plaza

Where faith and tradition endure...

prayer and respects
Worshippers at Buddist temple, Bugis

And old men never say die...

old chess men
Old men playing checkers, Chinatown Square, Chinatown

Where the crane is the national bird...

construction and road
Marina Bay Sky line, Shot from outside 'Love the World Soul Rock Bistro and Bar' (Hey Bernard and the band!)

And problem children are hard to find...

problem child
Mas Selamat graffiti (still not found!), Chinatown

Where a hard day's work is a full day's pay...

smoke, oil and mirrors
Food stall at a Pasar Malam (night market), Bishan Bus Interchange

Where you pimp more than just your ride...

modified bridge
Bridge, shot from New Bridge Road, Singapore River

And the nanny state reigns supreme.

bus belt
Only in Singapore! Bus seat belt, bus no. 410, somewhere on Upper Thomson Road

More pictures to come! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

MeLa de Gypsie said...

FINALLY!!!

I still have loads of photos from that day that I've yet to edit and upload though. Especially the one with you and Problem Child.

slackalmighty said...

haha. i do take a while to get around to things don't i? :)

hurry up edit and upload! i wanna see your pics of that day too!